Paul Elard Cooley – acknowledged Fiendmaster and purveyor of dark psychological and paranormal horror tales (not to mention the despicable things he does to Muppets) – settles in at the dark end of the Roundtable to workshop a tale by writer and webcomic creator Christoper Wright. Chris brings us a civilized murder mystery set in a rich and complex world fraught with political struggle, mad gods, and strange magics. There’s a lot to talk about, including handling info dumps, the nature of “serious” characters, and dealing with HUGE frickin’ worlds in a story. (you can also check out Paul’s Showcase Episode!)
PROMO: The Hollywood Outsider (http://www.thehollywoodoutsider.com/)
Workshop Episode 16 (Guest Host: Paul Elard Cooley)
[caution: mature language - listener discretion is advised]
On Paul’s Plate…
- Garaaga’s Children: “Ancients”
- 2 more stories “Scrolls” and “Ama”
- Podcasting those two
- Ancients Hardcover (which will include an un-podcasted story!)
- Special Project for Dark Overlord Media (shhh…)
Answers to questions like:
- Did you know before hand what the links between your stories would be?
- Is “Fiendmaster” a legal title or simply a nom de plume?
- What pen name will you use for your pulpy romance line of stories?
Christoper Wright’s Cool Stuff…
- The Power of the Genre – Why Write Fantasy? on MythicScribes
- Scott Sigler’s “Nocturnal“
- Peter F. Hamilton‘s “Night’s Dawn” trilogy
- Jim Butcher’s “Dresden Files“
- DRS POV Episode
- P.G. Holyfield “Murder at Avedon Hill“
- Agatha Christie (duh)
- Val McDermid‘s “Wire in the Blood” series
- Character Background post on RTP