WorldCon is an event that many authors anticipate all year, an epic gathering of writers, publishers, and readers celebrating the ever-shifting tapestry of speculative fiction.
Once again, Brion and I found ourselves in the unenviable position of not attending such an epic event. Thank all the literary gods that our Wandering Alchemist, Ben Delano (co-host of his own podcast, “Reader/Writer“), was on hand and willing to seek out Literary Gold on our behalf.
And such gold he found! Ben heroically pursued some truly remarkable people and asked each of them:
Describe your ideal protagonist
We know what you’re thinking (’cause it’s the same thing we were thinking), “These are all going to be the same answer.” Oh no, dear friends… the diversity of response that we got affirms the depth of these writer’s perceptions within their craft. Literary Gold abounds… get yours!
Interviews from WorldCon 2012
[caution: mature language - listener discretion is advised]
In this episode:
- Saladin Ahmed (saladinahmed.com, Twitter: @saladinahmed)
- Elizabeth Bear (www.elizabethbear.com, Twitter: @matociquala)
- David Brin (www.davidbrin.com, Twitter: @davidbrin1)
- Myke Cole (mykecole.com, Twitter: @mykecole)
- Alan Dean Foster (www.alandeanfoster.com)
- M. Todd Gallowglas (mgallowglas.blogspot.com, Twitter: @mgallowglas)
- Mary Robinette Kowal (maryrobinettekowal.com, Twitter: @MaryRobinette)
- Mur Lafferty (www.murverse.com, Twitter: @mightymur)
- Scott Lynch (www.scottlynch.us, Twitter: @scottlynch78)
- Howard Tayler (www.schlockmercenary.com, Twitter: @howardtayler)