Maurice Broaddus – author of the “Knights of Breton Court” series, editor of the “Dark Faith” anthologies (with Jerry Gordon), crafter of worlds and tales of wonder – returns to the Big Chair at the Roundtable to help me and co-host Ryan Stevenson workshop an alt history fantasy by podcaster and Guest Writer Zach Ricks. Zach’s tale – described as “James Bond in Harry Potter’s world during the time of Downton Abby” – launches us into a frothing brainstorming session, dealing with alternate global politics, romantic triangles, nefarious plots, and a huge dragon slumbering under Yellowstone Park. Literary gold abounds! (and there’s even more to be found in Maurice’s Showcase Episode!)
Workshop Episode 34 (Guest Host: Maurice Broaddus)
[caution: mature language - listener discretion is advised]
- Dark Faith: Invocations (sequel to Dark Faith) from Apex Publishing
- The Knights of Breton Court Omnibus is out!
- A middle grade detective novel is in the works
- A steampunk novel based on “Pimp My Airship” from Apex Magazine
- …and a Jamaican Steampunk novel as well!
Upcoming Conventions for Maurice…
- Killer Con (Las Vegas, NV) September 19 – 22, 2013
- Context 25 (Columbus, OH) September 28 – 30, 2013
Zach Ricks in the World!
- Galley Table Podcast Host
- Battle Hymn … manga inspired sci-fi
- Editor at Flagship Magazine at FlyingIslandPress.com