Karen Healey – educator, advocate, and author of astonishing YA novels like “When We Wake” and the newly-released sequel “While We Run” – returns to the Big Chair at the Roundtable to catalyze our brainstorming efforts into a maelstrom of awesomeness with her storytelling mojo (spoilers: she succeeds). Joined by the eloquent and insightful Katie Bryski (author of Hapax, numerous short tales, AND a children’s opera), the stage is set for a fabulous story workshop.
This week’s Guest Writer, Emery Colin, brings a very cool tale to the table, one that blends SciFi and Fantasy with a mysterious mythic heritage. A stranded transport, ancient orders, demons, and an inexperienced protagonist assigned a perilous task are the ingredients for a brainstorming buffet that leads us inevitably to discover a lost relic forged of – you guessed it – Literary Gold (and if your thirst for writerly goodness remains unslaked, then I recommend you check out Karen’s Showcase Episode!).
PROMO: “DanDan The Art Man Book Reviews“
Workshop Episode 66 (Guest Host: Karen Healey)
[caution: mature language – listener discretion is advised]
Share your comments to this (or any) episode over at the RTP Forum!
Coming up for Karen…
- The anthology “Kaleidescope” features a tale by Karen titled “Careful Magic” (along with stories from a truly stellar cast of luminary authors including Garth Nix, E. C. Myers, Ken Liu, and more)
- There will be a renunion tour of her appearance at WisCon 40 in 2016! (Check out the latest on WisCon here)
- And definitely make the time to explore her many tales, including “Guardian of the Dead“, “The Shattering“, “When We Wake“, and its sequel “While We Run“
Stay up on Katie Bryski’s latest…
- Visit her website at www.ktbryski.com
- Discover her latest brewing exploits at the Black Creek Brewery website