[image credit: AlexWild on deviantART]
We are delighted to welcome Peter Orullian – author of the Vault of Heaven series, including “The Unremembered” and the newly released “Trial of Intentions” – back to the Big Chair at the Roundtable to lend his considerable storytelling mojo to a story concept brainstorm of stellar proportions.
The concept is offered up by creageous Guest Writer, Keath Marx, and is a bit unconventional in the history of the Roundtable. Keath brings us (and by “us” I mean myself, Peter, and the splendid Lauren “Scribe” Harris) a setting (scifi Earth of the distant future) and a cast of characters and invites us to frolic in his concept for a bit. And frolic we do, exploring (and subverting) some scifi tropes, unraveling some intriguing story knots, and generally knocking loose a pile of Literary Gold. Feel free to join in! (and then circle back to check out Peter’s “20 Minutes with…” episode. Fraught with writerly goodness!).
PROMO: “Half Past Midnight” by Jeff Brackett
Workshop Episode 80 (Guest Host: Peter Orullian)
[caution: mature language – listener discretion is advised]
Peter has SO many more stories to share…
- A novella, a short story collection, as well as some other short stories in various anthologies – all set in the world of The Vault of Heaven – are due out in the coming year (dude’s writing like a mad fiend).
- He’s makling the scene at a LOT of cons…
- Between his website, Facebook, and Twitter, you can track all the news from the World of Orullian
Our Guest Writer: Keath Marx
Co-Host Lauren “Scribe” Harris is frickin’ BUSY!
- “The Girl in Acid Park”, sequel to her novel “Exorcising Aaron Nguyen”
- “Song of the Heretic” (workshopped by Lauren with Alethea Kontis in Episode 43) is being revised as it’s been split into TWO books
- She’s celebrating SIX months as an assistant editor at Orson Scott Card’s Intergalactic Medicine Show
- And in July, Lauren launches a Kickstarter for an anthology she’s editing titled “Elysian Springs: The Super-Skilled Nursing Home for Aging Superheroes“
- You can track he doings on her blog, her podcast (Fandom PhD), and Twitters and the Facebooks
- And there are several literary treats of her’s you can enjoy…