C.W. LaSart – weaver of tales of horror featured in collections like “Ad Nauseam” and “Grimm Mistresses” – returns to the Big Chair at the Roundtable to lend her not inconsiderable talent and insight to a singular and unprecedented brainstorming session featuring – not a short story, not a novel, not an audio drama – but an actual theatrical stage play of deception, pathology, and dealing with grief while solving murders.
This theatrical workshopping premiere is provided by playwright Sarah Celiann and features the side kick of a famous detective who who must find his place in the world when his brilliant friend and colleague is killed. Stalked by a psychopath who is convinced the detective is still alive, the detective wrestles with grief, self-esteem, and a string of murders that hide a much darker agenda. Joined by the ever-fabulous Mike Luoma, the four of us indulge in an exceptional exploration of character, memory, and murder. It’s everything you love about the Roundtable with an extra dash of “awesome”. The Literary Gold flows like wine, so get your cup and hit the “PLAY” button (and if you think C.W.’s insights in the brainstorm are fabulous, you should definitely check out her 20 Minutes With… episode!)
PROMO: “Elysian Springs: Adventures from the Superhero Nursing Home” Kickstarter from Lauren “Scribe” Harris
Workshop Episode 83 (Guest Host: C. W. LaSart)
[caution: mature language – listener discretion is advised]
You’re wonder what’s in store for Caren…?
- She’s focusing on her craft and professional credits, raising the bar by submitting to much tougher markets
- She teamed up with authors Doug Maranno and Adrian Ludens to produce the truly horrifying and deeply disturbing “Gruesome Faces, Ghastly Places: A collection of horror stories by South Dakota authors“
- She’ll be making the scene at Stoker Con May 12 – 15, 2016 in Las Vegas
- C.W. also gives a big shout to author Axel Howerton, creator of a novel that will soon be in my Kindle, “Hot Sinatra“
- And, as always, you’ll want to check her out at her website and on Facebook and Twitter
Sarah Celiann – Bringing hilarity and heart to the American stage
- Check out her blog, “A Collection of Poetry Without James Franco“
- And never forget the wonders of Twitter
Mike Luoma is rockin’ the world…
- “Alibi Jones and the Hornet’s Nest” is wrapping up (seven chapters to go) on Mike’s fabulous Glow-in-the-Dark Radio podcast. Get you some!
- He’s putting the polish on the second issue of his comic “Red Hot” (which sounds fabulous)
- Follow him on the Twitters and the Facebooks
And there’s also these bits of literary fabulousity…