Jilly Dreadful – with a Ph.D. in Literature and Creative Writing from the University of Southern California, Associate Editor of NonBinary Review and Unbound Octavo, and founder of The Brainery Workshop – has some serious storytelling mojo. The challenges she’s overcome to achieve her current position are a testament to determination of love of her craft… you won’t find many professionals more committed or passionate about storytelling.
Joined by the ever-fabulous Lauren “Scribe” Harris as my co-host, we indulge in a luxurious 20(ish) minutes of writerly discourse with Dr. Dreadful, exploring the Cult of Originality, the importance of finding “your people” in a solitary craft, what you learn from teaching, and more. It’s a smorgasbord for your mind and it’s all just a mouse-click away! (and be sure to make the scene at Jilly’s Workshop Episode!).
PROMO: The Parsec Awards (Promo by Tina Connolly)
Showcase Episode: 20 Minutes with Jilly Dreadful
[caution: mature language – listener discretion is advised]
We have a NEW FORUM! Share your comments to this (or any) episode over at the RTP Forum!
Trackin’ down Doctor Dreadful…
- Check out The Brainery Workshop and delve in to the marvels that await you there
- Savor some scenes from Jilly’s opera “Light & Power: A Tesla/Edison Story“
- Follow her on Twitter and Facebook
Lauren “Scribe” Harris bring’s her A-Game to everything…
- You would do well to follow her blog… much goodness to be had there
- Check out her podcast, Fandom PhD
- She is, of course, on the Twitters and the Facebooks
- She’s been interviewed by Chris Lester and on The Way of the Buffalo podcast
- And there are several literary treats of her’s you can enjoy…