Gail Carriger – author of the Parasol Protectorate series, The Finishing School series, the Custard Protocol, and more – returns to claim her rightful seat in the Big Chair at the Roundtable (with a nice cup of tea) to lend her not inconsiderable writerly mojo to brainstorm a tale of young adventurers in a most dangerous city.
The table for our brainstorming feast is set by creageous Guest Writer Rick Milone, a story of friends caught in conspiracies in a city that defends the world against its greatest evil. Joined once again by the incomparable (and brilliant) Lauren “Scribe” Harris as co-host, we launch into a truly epic, sometimes (very) silly, but ultimately fabulous search for Literary Gold. We found SO MUCH we can’t carry it all… we need your help, so click that “PLAY” button and get you some (and if you missed Gail’s 20 Minutes With… episode, you’ll need to fix that. Seriously).
PROMO: Mike Luoma’s Glow in the Dark Radio podcast
Workshop Episode 89 (Guest Host: Gail Carriger)
[caution: mature language – listener discretion is advised]Share your comments to this (or any) episode over at the RTP Forum! Check out this and all our episodes on iTunes and on Stitcher Radio!
The is much fabulousity afoot in Gail’s world…
- “Manners & Mutiny“, the last book in The Finishing School series is releasing on Nov 3rd!
- She’s gonna be at Doc’s Lab Comedy Club in San Francisco on Oct 28 recording with comedian Jackie Kashian’s The Dork Forest Podcast & Stand Up Show
- Second book in the Custard Protocol, “Imprudence”, is running a little long and WILL be done sometime 2016
- She’s taking 2016 to write some short works and doing a bit of self-publishing
- She’ll be at the World Fantasy Convention November 5-8 in Saratoga Springs, NY
- She has a book launch event at Porter Square Books in Cambridge, MA
- She and Lauren are BOTH making the scene at the YALLFest Book festival
- Check out her website and her places on Blogspot, Goodreads, and Tumblr!
- She is a gracious social media-ite, so be sure to check her out or Facebook and Twitter, too!
Lauren “Scribe” Harris bring’s her A-Game to everything…
- The second in the Mill Road Academy Exocist series “The Girl in Acid Park” complete and due out December 2015
- Completed the first draft of Lauren’s epic fantasy that she work shopped right here
- Working on completing a YA Fantasy in time for the YALLFest Book festival
- Finishing narration for the audio version of Starla Huchton‘s “Shadows on Snow: A Flipped Fairy Tale (Flipped Fairy Tales)“
- Follow her blog… and her Twitter feed and on Facebook
- And, as always, there are several literary treats of her’s to savor…