To meet Ada Palmer – scholar, composer, and author of the astonishing and richly-acclaimed “Too Like the Lightning” (and so much more) – is a singular experience. Her life is a vibrant tapestry of creative and academic passions that she weaves together at every opportunity. The delight and wonder she has for the world radiates from her and you can’t help but get caught up in the excitement.
I’m joined by the remarkable Melanie Meadors in the Co-Host chair (a multifaceted jewel of nerdish mojo), and together we indulge in (far more than) for 20 minutes of writerly discourse with Ada, discussing the optimal skill set for a student of the writerly arts, Ada’s fascination with speculative fiction, the challenges of writing short fiction, and more. All this writerly fabulousity can be yours with a mere click of a “PLAY” button! (and be sure to check out Ada’s outstanding Workshop Episode!)
PROMO: The Melting Potcast
Showcase Episode: 20 Minutes with Ada Palmer
[caution: mature language – listener discretion is advised]
We have a FORUM! Share your comments to this (or any) episode over at the RTP Forum!
Ada weaves a Tapestry of Awesomeness on the Internet…
- Start with her website. Settle in… there is SO MUCH to explore!
- Then, jette over to her blog, Ex Urbe, where she posts essays on a smorgasbord of topics including history, philosophy, mythology, science fiction and fantasy, movies, comics, food, and more!
- Her scifi fantasy mythic music ensemble “Sassafrass” is a genuine delight… plugin and get whisked away.
- Swing by her Amazon Page to see her ever-growing canon of work
- And of course, there’s always Facebook and Twitter