The last time they were on the show (back in October), we all had such a blast that we promised we’d do it again soon. We’re very happy to keep that promise and welcome back Janet Morris and Chris Morris for another 20 minutes of writerly discourse, laughs, and unique insights into the storyteller’s craft.
As an added bonus, I’m delighted to have J. Daniel Sawyer – author, raconteur, and one of the evil geniuses commanding the fabulous Escape Artists series of podcasts (check out the EA Meta-Cast or this post from Alasdair Stuart for details) – seated beside me as wingman on this Ascent into Awesomeness. Between Dan, Janet, Chris, and myself, we delve into the possible origins of the current dystopian craze in genre literature, a glance back at the fandom of yesteryear, and the on-going pursuit of “truth” in our stories. It’s 20(ish) minutes unlike any other we’ve had so far… click “PLAY” and join the discussion! (and the fabulousity continues in Janet and Chris’s Workshop Episode).
PROMO: “The Black” by Paul Elard Cooley
Showcase Episode: 20 Minutes with Janet and Chris Morris
[caution: mature language – listener discretion is advised]
We have a NEW FORUM! Share your comments to this (or any) episode over at the RTP Forum!
Janet and Chris in the world…
- You can stay up on all the latest at their Facebook Page (administered by Tempus Thales himself!)
- Definitely make the scene at Perseid Press, Janet and Chris’s publishing imprint
- You can follow both Janet and Chris on Twitter
- A brief overview of their achievements is detailed at Janet and Chris’s Wikipedia pages
- You can also catch Chris’s marvelous music on Soundcloud
- AND you can catch live performances and their full presentation of “Social Reconstruction Through Heroic Fiction” on YouTube (and this version of Chris’s “The Searcher” is fabulous!)
J. Daniel Sawyer is a man of many parts…
- His Website is fraught with fabulous insights and content
- Check out “Crudrat“, the audiobook he produced for Gail Carriger’s first SciFi story!
- Follow him on Twitter: @
- The full glory of his literary works are on display at Dan’s Amazon Page